It is important to keep your blood sugar stabilized to prevent weakness or mood swings, and also to maintain your metabolism. I have been eating certain foods that I normally wouldn’t have eaten on a regular basis years ago. The older you get, the more you realize how important your health is. Leave a comment with your suggestions and foods that you have introduced into your diet.
- Sometimes I’ll add blueberries or some cinnamon to my oatmeal. Otherwise, I buy Quaker 100 calorie packs and eat it as a mid-morning snack.
- When I crave sugar, eating an apple satisfies me. Plus it has fiber, which is important in any diet. I especially love dipping apple slices in peanut butter.
- I LOVE almonds! They contain healthy fats and provide me with protein that I need since I don’t eat red meat. Just be conscious of how many you eat, usually a handful (about 24 salt-less, whole almonds) is one serving.
- Cantaloupe and Cherries
- These two fruits are also filling and refreshing, and help curb my sugar cravings!
- I usually eat these as a small snack before or after I work out. They are high in protein and if you don’t enjoy eating them plain, sprinkle a pinch of salt on top.
“If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food” – Errick McAdams